Why Go Green: The Top Benefits Of Installing a Green Roof
Why Consider a Green Roof?Green roofs are an increasingly popular choice for homeowners who want to reduce their environmental impact. These eco-friendly solutions provide numerous advantages, from extending the life of the roof and stormwater runoff to improving air quality and providing a habitat for local wildlife. Installing one can have many long-term benefits on the environment, home comfort, and property value of any building or house. In this article, we’ll explore what makes them so beneficial and why they should be considered as an option by anyone looking to make their home more sustainable.
1. Increased InsulationOne of the primary benefits is that it can help to increase the insulation of your home or building. They are able to do this by providing an extra layer of insulation on top of your existing one. This extra layer of insulation can help to keep your home or building cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, which can lead to lower energy bills.
2. Reduced Stormwater RunoffAnother benefit is that they can help to reduce stormwater runoff. Stormwater runoff is water from rain or melting snow that runs off of rooftops, sidewalks, and other impermeable surfaces. This water can pick up pollutants such as oil, grease, and chemicals as it runs off, which can pollute waterways and cause flooding. They help to reduce stormwater runoff by absorbing water into their vegetation and soil.
3. Improved Air QualityGreen roofs can also help to improve air quality by absorbing pollutants such as carbon dioxide and ozone. Additionally, they can help to cool the air around them through evapotranspiration, which is the process by which plants release water vapor into the air. This can help to improve air quality in urban areas where air pollution is a problem.
4. Extended Roof LifeGreen roofs can also help to extend the life of your roof by protecting it from UV rays, extreme temperatures, and physical damage. The vegetation and soil act as a barrier against these elements, which can help to prolong life by up to two times.
5. Aesthetically PleasingIn addition to all of the functional benefits of green roofs, they also tend to be aesthetically pleasing. They can provide a pop of color in an otherwise drab cityscape, and they can also attract wildlife such as birds and butterflies.
See What Our Customers
Superior customer service; professional and courteous installers. I think JDH should stand for “Job Done Honestly.”- K. Grant
The team was very responsive and communicated well throughout the process. They answered all my questions and had great follow up which most contractors don't do. The roof and gutters look fantastic!- F. Folkee
100% pleased from roof inspection to roof install. Brian was amazing through the whole process. Answered all questions along the way. Couldn’t be more satisfied. Thank you Brian and JDH!- W. Meredith
Get started by filling out the form below. A member of our team will contact you soon!
Southern MarylandCalvert County
Saint Mary’s County
Parts of Charles and
Anne Arundel Counties