How to Protect Your Roof From the Next Storm: 5 Important Steps to Not Miss
The 5 Important StepsStorms can cause severe damage to your roof, leading to costly repairs and possibly even a complete replacement. To avoid the hassle and expense of repairing or replacement after a storm, it’s important to take steps ahead of time to protect it. Here are five essential steps you should take before the next one hits. These tips will help ensure that your property remains in good condition for many years to come.
1. Inspect RegularlyOne of the best ways to protect your roof from weather damage is to inspect it regularly. You should look for any signs of harm, such as missing or disturbed shingles, leaks, or any other type of harm. If you notice any damage, it’s important to have it repaired as soon as possible to prevent further impairment.
2. Keep Your Gutters CleanAnother important step in protecting your property is to keep your gutters clean. Clogged gutters can cause water to back up and seep under your shingles, which can lead to leaks and other types of damage. To avoid this, be sure to clean your gutters regularly, especially after a storm.
3. Trim Trees Near Your HomeIf you have trees near your home, it’s important to trim them regularly. Overhanging branches can fall and damage your home during inclement weather. To avoid this, trim any branches that are close to your home and keep them trimmed on a regular basis.
4. Make Sure Your Roof is In Good RepairAnother important step in protecting your home is to make sure it’s in good repair. If you have an old or wounded one, it’s more likely to sustain damage during bad weather. If you’re not sure it needs to be repaired or replaced, it’s a good idea to consult with a professional.
5. Have a Plan In PlaceFinally, it’s important to have a plan in place in case your roof does sustain damage during a storm. This plan should include having the contact information for a reputable roofing contractor who can come and make the necessary repairs. It’s also a good idea to have some money set aside specifically for repairs so you don’t have to worry about coming up with the money when the time comesTaking the time to protect your roof ahead of a storm can save you from potential damage and costly repairs. By following these five steps, you’ll be able to keep your home in great condition for years to come. Make sure that you perform regular maintenance throughout the year as well, so that it remains strong and secure against whatever weather comes its way. Taking measures now will guarantee peace of mind during any future storms or other inclement weather events. We at JDH are the experts when it comes to storm preparation. Feel free to contact us with any concerns you may have.
See What Our Customers
Superior customer service; professional and courteous installers. I think JDH should stand for “Job Done Honestly.”- K. Grant
The team was very responsive and communicated well throughout the process. They answered all my questions and had great follow up which most contractors don't do. The roof and gutters look fantastic!- F. Folkee
100% pleased from roof inspection to roof install. Brian was amazing through the whole process. Answered all questions along the way. Couldn’t be more satisfied. Thank you Brian and JDH!- W. Meredith
Get started by filling out the form below. A member of our team will contact you soon!
Southern MarylandCalvert County
Saint Mary’s County
Parts of Charles and
Anne Arundel Counties